2013 Junior Scholars Workshop on Financial Services Law
On June 14, 2013, the Insurance Law Center will host law professors from across the country for the 2013 Junior Scholars Workshop on Financial Services Law. This competition is open to law faculty with less than six years of teaching experience. The workshop participants may submit papers on any of a wide array of topics, including:
- Banking, securities, insurance, and commodities regulation;
- Regulatory issues concerning the shadow banking system;
- Consumer financial services and the regulation of those services;
- Payment systems and other topics of commercial law related to commercial banking;
- Legal implications of bank-based versus capital-markets-based systems of finance; and
- Systemic financial risk.
Authors whose papers are selected will be invited to discuss their work with each other and senior scholars in the field at this all-day event.